My wife and I were sitting there on the couch, looking for something compelling + entertaining to watch on Netflix. As I flipped from movie cover to cover — looking for something good to watch — my wife says “STOP!”
“Go back! Go back! … There … Can we watch that one?”
I looked at her; totally unimpressed with her choice. “This one?”
… 2 minutes later we were watching a cheesy-looking Matt Damon movie titled We Bought a Zoo.
And 2 minutes after that, I was hooked.
Turns out, the movie is actually pretty darn good. But what led to me writing this particular post was just one single quote:
“You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage. Just literally twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it.”
Think about it… all you need is 20 seconds of insane courage (to do that thing you’re afraid of doing) and some surprisingly awesome will happen.
You can start using this method to kick procrastination in the ass beginning today.
Here are some examples:
* All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, to stand up and speak.
* All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, to hit record and let it rip.
* All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, to ask her/him out on a date.
* All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, to hit “send” and fire off that email.
* All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, to pickup the phone and call potential customers.
So the next time you think about procrastinating, it might be helpful to muster up just 20 short seconds of insane courage
… something really great *just might* come of it.