Dean Bokhari's Self Development blog + podcast. Weekly articles, podcasts, and book summaries to help you build your most meaningful life, both personally and professionally.
240. Take Initiative | Versions Available: Article, Podcast | Have you ever tried to stop an ant without killing it? It’s near impossible. They never stop [...]
238. How to Boost Motivation and Meaning at Work | Versions Available: Podcast
233. The Laws of Human Nature | Versions Available: Podcast | In this piece, we'll look at 3 Big Ideas from "The Laws of Human Nature" by Robert Greene
232. How to Turn a Terrible Day into a Phenomenal Day | Versions Available: Podcast
231. 10 Things To Remember if You Want To Do What You Love For a Living | Versions Available: Article, Podcast | If you want to do what you love for a living
230. Never Stop Doing Your Best | Available Versions: Article, Podcast
229. Become a Doer Now | Available Versions: Article, Podcast | “Excellent ideas are not enough. An only fair idea acted upon, and developed, is 100% better [...]
228. The Power of Clarity | Available Versions: Article, Podcast | It doesn't matter how great your ideas are if you're unable to explain them with clarity...
227. Atomic Habits and Temptation Bundling | Available Versions: Article, Podcast | In this episode, we'll cover 3 Big Ideas from Atomic Habits by James Clear
Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones - Book Summary | Read or listen to the Big Ideas from 'Atomic Habits' by James Clear
226. Handling Humiliation with a Growth-Mindset | Versions Available: Podcast | Here's the most empowering way to handle embarrassment and humiliation.
225. Internalize Your Habits | Versions Available: Article, Podcast | After publishing my piece on forming new habits, I received a flurry of email submissions
223/224: How to Form a New Habit in 10 Simple Steps | Available Versions: Article, Podcast | In this special two-part series, I'll cover everything you need to know about forming new habits. Prepare to crush it.
222. 2019—Year of Action | Versions Available: Article, Podcast | Are you afraid to take on responsibilities, afraid to make decisions, afraid to step out on your own? Most people are—that’s why there are so few leaders and so many followers. If you've neglected to [...]
219. Mental Subtraction | In this episode, we discuss how gratitude can lose its potency over time, and what you can do about it.
217. The Power of Now | Versions Available: Podcast, Article | This article/episode was inspired by The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. In this piece, we’ll be discussing how to defeat anxiety and stress by bringing yourself into the present moment.
216. 4 Goal Setting Tricks and Techniques You Need to Know (That are Also Backed by Science) | Versions Available: Podcast, Article
215. 7 Simple Ways to Generate Ideas (For Anything) | Versions Available: Podcast, Article | Ideas come from everywhere—except for when we need them most. In this piece, you'll learn how to start coming up with phenomenal ideas anytime, anywhere, using some simple[...]
214. 5 Tips For Avoiding Procrastination | Most of us procrastinate. Correction: ALL of us procrastinate. Heck, I even procrastinated writing this article. Read on, or tap the Play button below to find out how to not do that anymore.
213. Antifragile | Version(s) Available: Podcast | On this episode of the podcast, I'm giving you a sample audiobook summary of one of my ALL-time favorite books: Antifragile by Nassim Taleb [...]
212. You Are NOT Your Inner Dialogue | Versions Available: Podcast, Article | You and the voice of your mind -- that ongoing inner dialogue -- are not one and the same. You, who you ARE at the core of your being, is separate and distinct from the voice of your mind [...]
211. Do You Care Too Much About What People Think? | Versions Available: Podcast
210. Be Specific (or The Bystander Effect Will Kill You) | Versions Available: Article, Podcast | Imagine you’re at work. It’s a normal day. Business as usual. You need to pee, so you get up and walk towards the bathroom to handle your business. As you head back to [...]
209. Principles: Life and Work | Versions Available: Article, Podcast | In this article + podcast combo, we'll be looking at Ray Dalio's 5 principles of success from his book 'Principles : Life and Work'
207. 3 Obstacles to Mastery : The Dabbler, Obsessive, and Hacker | Available Versions: Article, Podcast | This episode was inspired by Mastery by George Leonard -- a game-changing book, jam-packed with Big Ideas on creating a life that caters to meaningful work and personal
206. Sell or Be Sold | Available Versions: Article, Podcast | Today's episode/article is focused on helping you realize and utilize the simple idea that everything in life is about selling.
205. Self Development and Communication—6 Ways to Elevate Your Life by Elevating Your Communication | Available Versions: Article, Podcast
204. Turning Weakness into Strength | Versions Available: Article, Podcast | A few days ago, the wife and I found out that our two year-old, Nora—who’d been coughing and crying and causing all kinds of chaos—had caught pneumonia. So we took her to our pediatrician, who [...]
203. Skin in the Game | Versions Available: Article, Podcast | “What matters isn’t what a person has or doesn’t have; it is what he or she is afraid of losing.“—Nassim Nicholas Taleb (from Skin in the Game) | Once upon a time, a wild wolf stumbles his way into a [...]
202. The Compound Effect | Versions Available: Article, Podcast | The Compound Effect - Book Summary | Read or Listen to the first 3 Big ideas from 'The Compound Effect' by Darren Hardy
201. Idea Killers | Versions Available: Article, Podcast | Throughout your fantastic life, you'll likely interact with a range of different people. Some of them will be awesome. Some of them will not. The worst among them? Idea killers. Here's how to handle them...
12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos - Book Summary | Read or Listen to the first 3 Big ideas from '12 Rules for Life' by Jordan B. Peterson
200. Stand Up Straight With Your Shoulders Back | Versions Available: Audio (Podcast), Article | Today's piece was inspired by the book '12 Rules for Life' by Jordan Peterson. In this piece, we'll look at three of Peterson's 12 rules.
199. Are You a Morning Person, Night Owl, or Somewhere in the Middle? | Versions Available: Audio, Show Notes | In this episode we'll take a look at how to determine your "Daily When" the time of day when you're operating at your natural best (from When by Daniel Pink)
198. How to Make Yourself Indispensable | Versions Available: Audio, Article | How indispensable do you believe yourself to be …to your employer? …to your customers? …to anyone you rely on to regularly exchange value with?
EP197. Focus on The Practice • It’s the new year, and by now you’ve probably reflected on the past and you’ve probably started setting some resolutions and goals for the
195/6. 30 More Life Lessons Learned in 30 Years | A follow-up article + podcast to last year's "30 Life Lessons" piece.
194. Find Your Why • Available versions: Article | Podcast • In this piece, you'll learn how to construct a powerful WHY Statement - which is how you communicate your purpose to the world.
193. The Willpower Instinct • Available versions: Podcast • Today's episode is about building willpower, inspired by Kelly McGonigal's book, "The Willpower Instinct"
EP192. The Guide to Developing Self-Discipline • Available versions: Article | Podcast • If you lookup the definition of self-discipline, you’ll usually see something [...]
EP191. 5 Steps to Unleash Your "Success Mechanism" • This episode was inspired by one of my all-time favorite self-improvement books: "Psycho-Cybernetics" by Maxwell Maltz.
EP190. To Think Outside The Box, First Get a Box • In this episode/article combo: Learn what it takes to develop the creative habit.
EP189. The 5 Second Rule • In this episode, we'll take a quick look at the practical power of "The 5 Second Rule," created by author Mel Robbins
EP188. Action Leads to Motivation (Versions: Article + Audio) • Most people believe they need to be motivated BEFORE taking action, but they've got it backwards...
EP187. What Happens to Your Brain When You Multitask? • In this episode, you'll learn the science behind "brain-multitasking" -- and when it works vs when it doesn't.
EP186. Know Thy Time • In this episode + article combo, we'll look at some time-tested productivity wisdom from Peter Drucker, author of "The Effective Executive"
EP185. Productivity Themes • In this episode, we'll talk about using daily themes to boost your productivity. I'll also be announcing a cool new thing we'll be doing here at MeaningfulHQ.
EP184. 10 Books That'll Make You a Creative Genius • This episode + article combo is exactly what it sounds like--a breakdown of my top 10 creativity books, and some actionable insights from each.