One of my favorite things about my job, is that every now and then, I have the opportunity to speak with someone who genuinely cares about making a difference with the work they do. Tom Rath is one of those people. Tom is a senior scientist at Gallup, and the author of a string of New York Times best-selling books, including the wildly popular StrengthsFinder 2.0 and How Full Is Your Bucket?, among others.
On today's episode of The Meaningful Show, Tom and I will be discussing some of the knowledge bombs from his sixth book, Are You Fully Charged? -- which is all about optimizing your work and setting yourself up to feel fully energized (or CHARGED) on a daily basis.
Here's what you'll learn about in this interview:
- The 3 keys to energizing your work and life.
- How to make the work you do more meaningful.
- How to re-juvinate yourself while you're at work to maintain peak productivity.
- How your interactions can make all the difference when it comes to your levels of fulfillment.
- The one thing you're probably not doing at work -- but can start doing today -- that could make all the difference in your level of engagement.
- Also, just to be clear: Tom's book (and this interview) is NOT about "finding your passion" or changing your career as much as it's about maximizing your potential within the work you already do. (Although we do touch on some tips about when it might be time to change course or look for more meaningful work.)
Tune in to this one, folks. It's a good one.
Audible Audiobooks • Thousands of titles to choose from + listen to on any device. Download your free audiobook here.
FlashBooks Book Summaries • Hundreds of self-help and business book summaries you can read (or listen to!) in about 20 minutes per book. The best part? The book summaries are designed specifically for busy peeps on the go (like you, perhaps?) Start your risk-free, 7-day trial here.
Want more details? With FlashBooks, you can get your knowledge on whenever you want, wherever you want. You can listen to audiobook summaries on your morning commute to work, or you can easily read a summary on your phone while you're waiting in line at the bank. No matter what you're doing or where you're going, FlashBooks are flexible enough to be taken along for the ride, ready to help you get more knowledge in less time. Get access to hundreds of best-selling business + self-help book summaries for just $1 here or visit getflashnotes.com/join to get started today. Join for just a buck today. If for some reason you're not diggin' it, you can easily cancel whenever you want (but if you're anything like any of our 150,000+ other members, you'll probably wanna stick around!) Join for just $1: getflashnotes.com/join
CONNECT WITH TOM RATH
Checkout the trailer for the Are You Fully Charged documentary, below.